BOISE PICKLEBALL CLUB BYLAWS
The name of the organization is Boise Pickleball Club (“BPC”). This will be the name used in all business dealings, correspondence and publicity.
The mission of the Boise Pickleball Club is to promote the development and growth of Pickleball in the Boise area.
BPC membership is open to all persons who agree to abide by the Bylaws as amended and the rules and regulations relating to this organization. Membership is non-restrictive although some club events and activities may be restricted to members only. Membership shall be terminated by voluntary withdrawal, nonpayment of dues or violation of published rules, guidelines and regulations.
BPC Members (“Members”) will pay annual dues as established by the Board. Annual dues will be collected from January 1 to December 31 for the current calendar year. There will be no pro-ration of dues for memberships paid during the current calendar year or terminated before the end of the current calendar year.
The General Membership Meeting shall be held in June of each year and shall be for the purpose of electing officers as well as for the presentation of a summary of BPC activities and finances. Those Members attending this meeting shall constitute a quorum for conducting business. Notice of the General Membership Meeting shall be provided to all Members in good standing at least fourteen (14) days in advance of the date set for the meeting.
1) The Officers shall have general supervision of the affairs of the BPC and shall make recommendations to the Members as required. This body is governed by the Bylaws of the BPC.
2) Officers of the BPC shall be elected by the Members at the General Membership Meeting. Any Member in good standing is eligible for nomination and election. Nominations may be presented by any Member in good standing. A simple majority vote of the Members present at the General Membership Meeting shall elect a nominee.
3) Officers shall assume their duties after the General Membership Meeting and serve for one year.
4) Officers may be elected to successive terms until resignation or removal by a two-thirds majority vote of the Membership. The Vice-President shall fill a vacancy in the office of Presidency until a successor President is elected. Any other vacancies shall be appointed by the President and remain in effect until the year term expires.
5) The Officers of the BPC shall be President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. All Officers shall perform the duties required of such offices as described in these Bylaws.
Shall schedule meetings, prepare an agenda for all business meetings and preside at all meetings of the BPC and shall oversee the general operations, including those delegated to other individuals and/or committees.
Shall be prepared to perform all of the duties of the President in the absence of the President or when called upon to do so.
Shall keep minutes of all meetings and provide a copy of those minutes to all Officers after the meeting. Any Member may have a copy upon request.
Shall receive all funds of the BPC and shall deposit them in such bank or banks as may be designated. Shall pay all bills and obtain receipts for the same. The Treasurer shall provide financial reports as needed, a year-end financial report and a projected budget for the upcoming year at a regular meeting or by email. The treasurer shall require two signatures for payment of amounts over One hundred dollars.
1) Business meetings shall be held at a schedule determined by the Officers for the purpose of addressing the business of the BPC. A minimum of three regular meetings shall be held each calendar year. Any Member of the BPC may attend these meetings, but shall not make motions, vote or participate in Executive Sessions.
2) Special meetings or Executive Sessions may be called by the President or by an Officer by a simple majority vote. The business transacted at any special meeting shall be limited to the subject at hand. The President may convene special meetings by telephone, email or other mediums and the Officers may vote on the matter at hand by such methods. A record of actions taken at special meetings or Executive Sessions shall be kept with the BPC minutes.
3) Votes for business may be cast in person or by proxy if the Officer cannot be present. Proxies must be in writing or by email and will expire at the end of the meeting for which the proxy was filed.
4) All regular meetings of the Officers may be attended by Activity Coordinators, Committee Chairs or Members. Such attendees may enter into discussions of matters before the Officers, but shall not make or second motions, vote or attend Executive Sessions.
5) A majority of the Officers shall be a quorum to conduct BPC business.
Activity Coordinators/Committee Chairs
Upon approval by the Officers, the President shall appoint all Activity Coordinators and Committee Chairpersons that are deemed necessary for the operation of BPC. These Members shall perform duties as designated and shall report to the President.
A majority vote by the Officers is required to amend the Bylaws.
Representation at Outside Meetings
Any Officer or Member representing the BPC at outside meetings or functions shall obtain prior approval from the Officers. Expenses incurred for outside meetings and functions must have prior approval by the Officers.
The rules contained in the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern the BPC in all cases in which they are applicable, and in which they are consistent with the Bylaws and any special rules of order of the BPC.
1) The BPC shall keep all financial records, meeting minutes, Member records, insurance policies and other important documents. Any Member may inspect all books and records for any proper purpose at any reasonable time.
2) The President and Treasurer shall be authorized to sign all checks and financial instruments. The president can assign another officer if required.
The Board may adopt amended Bylaws at any regular or special meeting.
Adoption of Bylaws
We, the undersigned, being the Officers of the Boise Pickle Club do hereby certify that the foregoing Bylaws were duly adopted as the official Bylaws of the BPC by consent of the Officers on the 20th day of April, 2015.
Adoption of Amended Bylaws
Bylaws were updated with the removal of Jeff Blain and addition of Tom Valasek on January 7, 2016. Bylaws were revised on September 1, & September 15th, 2016
Carson Spencer -President
Kate Dunlavy – Vice President
Belinda Isley -Secretary
Dean Jedry -Treasurer