Note from Boise Pickleball Club’s Carson Spencer:
A friendly reminder of our upcoming most important meeting with the Boise Parks & Recreation Commissioners.
If we all want a place to call home for tournaments, leagues, lessons and group play, we have to show up at this meeting for support of the Master Plan.
Keep in mind the Master Plan has been approved by the Parks & Recreation, the next step is to convince the commissioners to approve the plan.
The REASONS to approve the Master Plan is our focus.
- One player will speak on the health benefits of pickleball.
- One player will speak on the growth of pickleball locally, nationally and internationally.
- One player will address the economic impact on our community as well as the average cost a player will pay to get started.
- the community building social aspect of pickleball,
- increasing and facilitating the level of awareness of sport activity, and
- explaining what a quality complex with a family oriented sport will do for the area.