Note from Boise Pickleball Club’s Carson Spencer:
A friendly reminder of our upcoming most important meeting with the Boise Parks & Recreation Commissioners.
If we all want a place to call home for tournaments, leagues, lessons and group play, we have to show up at this meeting for support of the Master Plan.
Keep in mind the Master Plan has been approved by the Parks & Recreation, the next step is to convince the commissioners to approve the plan.
The REASONS to approve the Master Plan is our focus.
We have lined up three speakers:
- One player will speak on the health benefits of pickleball.
- One player will speak on the growth of pickleball locally, nationally and internationally.
- One player will address the economic impact on our community as well as the average cost a player will pay to get started.
We are looking for more REASONS to build the facility including:
- the community building social aspect of pickleball,
- increasing and facilitating the level of awareness of sport activity, and
- explaining what a quality complex with a family oriented sport will do for the area.
These are a few REASONS to approve the Master Plan.
I’m sure that you could think of why the Commissioners should vote to approve.
This meeting will be more formal than the meeting last month with a sign up sheet as you walk into the room at city hall.
A short three minute comment will be allowed from those who sign up to speak.
If you have a tee shirt, cap or anything advertising pickleball, please wear it to help indicate you are a pickleball advocate.
If you would rather not speak, that’s perfectly okay. But please show up for support. Every player there will be counted towards the final approval for the Hobble Creek Master Plan.
Here are the meeting details:
June 18th, Thursday, 4:00 p.m.
City Hall at 150 North Capitol Boulevard
Meeting will be held in the city council chambers on the 3rd floor.