BPC, 2C, ETC, and Donnelly pickleball clubs participated in a great crosstown challenge at ETC on Thursday, May 16. Fun play with new friends and connections! Many thanks to Jane Hosteny for putting the BPC team together, to Dylan Lammers for organizing the event, and to all of the players.
Category Archives: Events
Submitted by Kathy Getto
Pickle Jam, a pickleball jamboree, will be held at Eagle Tennis Club on May 3-5.
The jamboree offers 125 players from all across the Treasure Valley and the USA to meet and play, watch, and enjoy their favorite sport. Currently we have players signed up from 14 states!
In addition to 36 hours of pickleball fun, players can attend a BBQ on Friday night, enjoy a continental breakfast each morning, and participate in optional competitions like round robins and dinking contests. Each participant will also get a SWAG bag full of goodies.
The cost per player is $125, and players do not need a partner to sign up.
At the jamboree players will join other players at or near their skill level and play games to 11. After each game, players rotate off until another court is free and then they play again. Signups are limited so that players will have minimal wait times.
You can learn more about what attending the jamboree would be like by reading this post: So…What’s it really like at a jamboree?
Here’s a little history about the development of Pickle Jam here in Boise…
I attended one of the first events of this kind last fall. Third Shot’s a Charm Festival was first held in about Kansas City in 2017 six months after Aspen Kern, a pickleball pro asked others this question, “Wouldn’t it be fun if we could all just meet for a weekend and play pickleball?” No tracking of scores for multiple games. No two losses and you’re out. Just playing, watching, and enjoying pickleball with old friends and new friends. TSaC is now an annual event and being held in several cities. I had so much fun at the second TSaC event, that I decided to look into the possibility of having something similar here in the Treasure Valley.
I joined up with Susannah Barr and Dylan Lammers and the three of us are working hard to put on a great pickleball event here in the Treasure Valley. We want to include both local and out of town players. Out of town players so that they can see what great pickleball and great pickleball people there are in the Treasure Valley. Local players so that they can have oodles of fun playing their favorite game while playing with and meeting new people.
I hope you consider registering for Pickle Jam. It’s a great opportunity to have fun and be a part of an event that’s the first of its kind held in the northwest. And the SWAG is so cool…
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at katherinegetto @ gmail dot com.
Perched atop the historic Plaza Hotel overlooking Vegas’ famous Fremont St, the Las Vegas Pickleball Open takes the cake as having one of the most unique pickleball venues. Watch this action packed match from the first annual Las Vegas Pickleball Open. Simone Jardim and Kyle Yates take on Sarah Ansboury and Tyson McGuffin in this high level pro match-up. Previously live-streamed during the tournament and with insightful commentary from Dave Benz, Melissa McCurley and Mark Renneson, this match brings the excitement of the Las Vegas Pickleball Open directly to you. Special thanks to Plaza Hotel & Casino for sponsoring this great tournament! Visit their site for more information about this historic venue.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Announcing . . .
Pickle Jam! to be held on May 3-5, 2019, in Boise.
A pickleball jamboree where players can play up to 36 hours of pickleball over three days.
WHAT’S A JAMBOREE?
- In the world of sports, a jamboree is a series of practice scrimmages against multiple teams.
- Scores are kept in individual games, but cumulative scores are not tallied. No medals will be awarded but swag will be given to each player.
- Think of it like a continuous school recess where players rotate out after games are completed, with new players rotating in.
- 125 players divided by skill levels or skill ranges.
- Play on 12 state-of-the-art indoor hard courts. All the perks of outdoor play without wind, rain, or cold.
- Hours: Friday 8am-10pm, Saturday 8am-10pm, Sunday 8am-4pm.
- Optional evening competitive round robins.
- Take a break from playing pickleball to visit and explore the beautiful Treasure Valley and its cities including Boise, Meridian, and Eagle.
- Meet up with old friends and make new friends.
INTERESTED AND WANT TO LEARN MORE?
INTERESTED AND WANT TO COME?
- Fantastic! Register starting January 20 at 2:00 p.m. MST at https://pickle-jam.com/register-for-pickle-jam/. (Note: Registration page will not be displayed on Web site until registrations are open.
Hope to see you on the courts soon.
Until then, Happy Pickling!