From Lawana JohnsonPB-Hurrah-Article-2020-
Thank you for helping us communicate with the players about use and parking etiquette at the Willow Lane courts. We appreciate receiving feedback and being able to provide additional information. Pickleball is a fast growing sport in the Treasure Valley and we value the willingness of players and groups to be courteous to neighbors and all park users.
· The US Pickleball Association (USPA) has an approved quiet paddle list so that individuals can start to move towards a quieter paddle. Most players already use an approved paddle, but as a reminder, wooden paddles are not to be in use. Here is link if you would like to provide it for your members that are purchasing a new paddle or as a reminder for players who may be planning to purchase a new paddle later on. We would appreciate if they would look to buy a quiet paddle when the time comes. A laminated list, attached to this message, will also be posted on site and it is more elaborate. https://www.pickleballportal.com/gear/paddles/best-quiet-pickleball-paddles/
· In an effort to be courteous to neighbors while taking into account the noise that the complex creates, we are asking that you do not use Dura brand balls.
· We will post some laminated signs that ask players to fill empty courts starting from the East side of Willow Lane, and then moving towards the West. This is especially important for those who arrive to play first thing at 8 a.m. Please remember the Willow Lane complex hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and are posted at the court.
· As a safety precaution for playground users and as a courtesy to neighbors living directly adjacent to the courts, we are asking pickleball players to park in the softball complex area at Willow Lane and walk the short distance to the courts. Please park in a designated parking spot at Willow Lane (avoiding unmarked turf and the neighborhood streets) whenever you can. Your cooperation in this effort will help us improve the experience for all park users and community members. Boise Parks and Recreation plans to implement these changes beginning Monday (6/29/2020) and we will have some staff onsite to educate the players and answer any questions. We appreciate your cooperation in this effort.
Thank you for your help and understanding as we continue to grow and support the game of pickleball in the Treasure Valley!
|Paula LawsonAquatic/ Adult Sports ManagerParks and Recreation DepartmentOffice: (208)firstname.lastname@example.org Making Boise the most livable city in the country.|
Treasure Valley Ladder League Summer 2020!!
Come participate in our first ever Treasure Valley wide pickleball ladder league. This is a fun event where you pick your teammate for the entire season, you schedule your challenge matches, and you have the chance to make the season final playoffs with a chance to win MONEY.
Season starts July 12th, so don’t delay in registering. Go to https://pickle-jam.com/ladders/ for more information including how the ladder works and to register.
Share with your friends as the more teams, the more fun it will be!
Hosted by Pickle Jam.
We will be making some changes at Willow Lane to be courteous to the neighbors as well as to address an immediate safety concern. Please notify your clubs that beginning Monday June 29, 2020 the following will be in effect:
- Dura brand balls will not be allowed at this complex and we will post a USPA approved quiet paddle list so that individuals can start to move towards a quieter paddle. Most players already use an approved paddle but wooden paddles are not to be in use. Here is link if you would like to provide for your members. A laminated list will also be posted on site: https://www.pickleballportal.com/gear/paddles/best-quiet-pickleball-paddles/
- We will post some laminated signs that ask players to fill empty courts starting from the West side and then moving towards the East, especially for 8am arrival. The complex hours are 8am-8pm and are posted at the court.
- Due to immediate safety concerns of playground participants and neighborhood impact, players will need to park in the softball complex and walk the short distance to the courts. We will get permanent signs made and posted ASAP that state: “street parking only for residents and playground participants only” however, we will implement these changes beginning 6/29/2020 and have some staff onsite to educate the players.
Thank you for helping us let all of the players know.